Saturday, September 4, 2010

Flatterer

HeidiAndElaina

Elaina’s really funny lately.  Her conversation is full of adult pleasantries.  It’s not just “please” and “thank you” anymore.  She’s now very into giving compliments. 

I walked into the living room the other night with a Marvin the Martian t-shirt (maybe a little sad that my fashion sense is largely driven by a two-year old girl). 

Elaina, looked up as I came in.  “I like your shirt, Daddy.”

“Hey thanks, Elaina.  I like your shirt too.”

“Thank you, Daddy.”

This morning, Heidi was doing stretches with an exercise rope.

“I love your rope, Mommy.  It’s beautiful.”

And later…

“I like your earrings, Mommy.”

And still later…

“I love your hair, Mommy.  It’s silly.”

Okay, so maybe “It’s silly” isn’t a compliment of the same quality as the others.  But in Elaina’s defense, her Mommy’s hair is, indeed, silly.  (Um…I mean, if you’re a little Asian girl and have straight, straight hair, and Mommy’s hair is curly, it might be seen as silly.  From her perspective, I mean.)

No comments: