A proper lady learns to appreciate the equestrian sports. As you can see here, Elaina has won the trust of this horse. Elaina finds the dressing like a giraffe helps the horse to relax. To tell you the truth, I think the horse feels a little self-conscious to be on rockers, and seeing a short-legged, short-necked giraffe makes him feel like less of an oddball.
“Woah!” Elaina gently calms the horse with a few babbled words and a soft but firm hand.
Now that the horse is calmed, she can saddle him. She's not big enough to ride yet, but she enjoys her time with the horse nonetheless. Her little pursed-lipped smile is her "quiet happy" expression.
Elaina has three happy expressions: the big grin, which you see a lot on this blog; the little pursed lipped smile; and the "ahh...that's wonderful" smile that is often accompanied by a little gasp. This last one is hard to get. It's usually reserved for quiet moments when she sees a bird, a little stream tumbling between snow-covered rocks, or other things that her Daddy loves. Of all her cute expressions, this is the one I love most.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Equestrian
Labels:
Elaina,
rocking horse
3 comments:
I can't wait for Hocking so we finally get to see those expressions! :)
it's official... You are in love!!!
Hmmmmmmm......if you look closely at the last photo, are those pursed-lips/her "quiet happy expression due to the fact that maybe Elaina is contemplating taking a bite out of the rocking horse's seat??!! (I speak with some experience on this matter!!!....I know this look very well!!....this is the very thing that her cousin, Chris--imagine that!-- did to his rocking horse some years back!)
Post a Comment