Elaina got a new sun hat for Memorial Day, complete with polka dots and a daisy!
Here we are smelling the lilacs out by the pond. She likes flowers, but she's not the gentlest of creatures with them—there were crushed lilacs in her little palm for most of our time outside. Maybe she's using them like perfume....
There's a little section of yard with these purple flowers—they're probably weeds, but they look nice against the rock wall, and I knew Elaina would like them, so I didn't mow over them. It looks like she's not sure what to do about them.
Another shot of Elaina by the fence, interested in some wild strawberries.
In these last few, you can't see her face, but they show Elaina as you would have seen her had you been here—always busy looking at something or going somewhere. Heidi did an admirable job of getting some decent shots of the Lady in Motion. For some reason, I love the one where she's striding by with the pine cone in one hand. It's not that cute, you can't really see her, but there's something about the shape of the hat that I like, and the purpose in her stride really comes through.



1 comment:
great hat! Carlee would be proud ;)
she is getting so big!!! looking forward to seeing you all soon...
Post a Comment