Elaina loves the water. Those who were with us on vacation last summer may remember Elaina dragging us through the spray of water underneath the slide at the swimming pool.
It was good and hot today, so we got out a sprinkler thing that she could run through. The sprinkler didn’t really pan out, which meant I had to be a little more in the thick of things than I’d planned. (Unlike Elaina, I do not love water.)
Fortunately, from Elaina’s perspective, I’ve never owned a hose that didn’t spray water from all around the spigot. Elaina was immediately intrigued by that—so intrigued that it took me awhile to coax her out into the yard, where I’d put a sprayer on the hose.
Here she is, complete with jaunty daisy hat, having fun with what most people would consider an irritating quality of hoses.
Here I am, complete with jaunty daisy hat, showing Elaina the sprayer.
She agreed that it was altogether better than the leaky, spurty spray from the spigot on the side of the house.
It’s much better if you use your hand to add a little randomness to the spray.
But it requires fierce concentration to master the art of spraying cold water over yourself and your Daddy.
Later, she spent a good bit of time spraying Mommy, but we couldn't get pictures of that, with all the water flying. I wouldn't have thought that a two year old would be mischievous enough to take delight in turning the hose on her Mommy. This one is.
No comments:
Post a Comment