It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. Our family vacation and some work things knocked me off my routine. Elaina’s all grown up now. Sorry, I guess you missed it.
No—there’s still some time, but she has changed a lot this summer. She’s much more of a little girl now than a baby.
She eats at the table instead of a high chair now. The use of a fork is still something she considers optional, and she seems strangely unmoved by attempts to make that seem like a babyish position to take.
She’s gone from screaming “No shower! no shower! I don’t LIKE it, the shower!” on vacation, to loving the shower and asking for “more shower?" (Her “shower” is a quick blast to rinse off after a bubble bath.)
She talks in sentences—not just parroting, but real sentences that she puts together herself.
She talks like a little lady now:
“Nice to see you again, Daddy,” when I come home from work.
"See you soon,” she says cheerfully to the grocery store clerk.
“Nice to meet you,” to someone else.
“Pleasant dreams,” she tells me as I’m saying goodnight.
“Take my hand, Daddy,” which I find impossible to resist.
“Mommy, I love your bracelet. It’s gorgeous!” Honestly. I heard that just tonight. And “Mommy, I love your shoes. They’re beautiful!” I’m not entirely sure I like where this is headed….
More and more, “I miss you too much” has been replaced by “I love you, Daddy” and “I love you, Mommy.” I’ll miss “I miss you too much”, but it’s hard to feel bad about “I love you, Daddy.”
No comments:
Post a Comment