Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Natural Leader

LeaderI have an access badge that I use to get into the office at work.  It’s on a retractable lanyard at my belt.  This used to be such a draw for Elaina that she broke the first one, and I’d been keeping the new one away from her for months. 

Lately, though, she’s oh-so-mature and I’ve been more lax about hiding it.  When she’s seen it, she’s simply pointed out that I wear a picture of myself. 

(Maybe I’m supposed to read some veiled charge narcissism in that….)

The other day, though, I got a different reaction.  She grabs my badge and starts walking.  The retractable cord spools out until she hits the end.  She tugs gently.

“Come on, Daddy, I take you for a walk.”

“That’s not a leash,” I said laughing, not realizing that’s exactly what she was thinking.

“This is a leash….  You’re my pet.”

1 comment:

Marni said...

And so it begins. Awesome.