I recently looked back through the blog, trying to answer questions like, “When did Elaina first start talking in sentences?”, and I’m amazed at how much she’s changed in the last few months! It seems like she’s been talking forever, but you don’t have to go back very far to hit her single-word phase. She’s really gone from baby to little girl in the last 5 or 6 months. I have to do these language related posts more often.
Protective
“I’ll look out for you, Momma.”
Haunted
“Ghosts in my sleeping bag!”
Lobster Attack!
Elaina: “I’m a lobster! Snap! Snap! Snap!"
Heidi: “I’m a lobster! Snap! Snap! Snap!”
Elaina runs, Heidi-lobster chases, both giggling, and I hear from the living room, “You’re a good lobster, Momma. You’re a nice lobster, Momma.”
Nice and Clean
“Don’t put me in the dryer.”
“Don’t put me in the washer.”
(Really, we have never even joked about that.)
Knowing
Here’s a conversation while getting her dressed. I don’t remember what she did, just that I wasn’t happy about it.
John: “Elaina, you know better.”
Elaina: “I don’t want to know better.”
…
Elaina: “You look happy, Daddy.” (No, I didn’t.)
Splash
”I splashed you, Daddy. I got you all wet. I’m sorry, Daddy. I’ll get you all cleaned up, I promise. No pobmemayno.”
(That last word is “no problemo”, something a cartoon character named Widget says.)
Daddy’s Lost It
Occasionally, I find myself saying things to Elaina that, in retrospect, I find funny because they’re just not very useful things to say to a two-year-old.
“Elaina, you’re not a baby anymore. You can participate in your own safety.”
No comments:
Post a Comment