Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 4: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

MaleficentTonight was a special event at the Magic Kingdom: "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween".

Believe it or not, we're just winding down our evening. Princess Elaina isn't asleep yet!

I know, that's crazy, and we'll probably pay for it tomorrow, but we had the best time! We saw a Halloween parade, went trick-or treating, saw fireworks at the castle....

Since it was their Halloween party, everything was about the Disney villains! The music for the fireworks was all villain theme songs. The show at the castle featured only Disney villains, and best of all, Elaina, who is a huge Sleeping Beauty fan, and was dressed as Sleeping Beauty, got to meet Maleficent, the evil faery who put Sleeping Beauty under the sleeping spell! I wasn't sure how the reunion would go--what with that nasty business of the sleeping spell and all, but our little princess was determined to meet her.

When Elaina's turn was coming up, I asked if she wanted me to go up with her--you know, because giving Mickey a hug is one thing, but meeting Maleficent is quite another. Brave Princess Elaina wanted to go up to her by herself. Maleficent was awesome--she stayed in character brilliantly, greeting Elaina with an imperious, icy, "Hello, Princess." We used our "photo pass" on that one to get a professional to take a photo, because nighttime in weird castle light was not something I wanted to trust to my own camera and skill. I can't wait to see it.

Elaina loved it. She knows Maleficent is the evil faery who put Princess Aurora under a spell, but she loved meeting her anyway, and hours later was saying, "I miss 'Melissamint'". (She doesn't quite have the hang of that name yet.)

Look forward to my "filling in" these posts and/or adding some when I'm able to post from something more capable than my phone.

3 comments:

Linda said...

My little goddaughter is BRAVE!!!!...I'm not sure I'D want to meet Maleficent! Thanks for the recap of your evening! We debated about going to that when we were there, but talked ourselves out of it when we considered we'd be paying for 5! Sounds like it was worth it though! Keep having fun and telling us about it!!

John said...

I kept saying, "Linda would love this.". I wasn't so sure it was going to be worth the late night (It started at bedtime.), but it was really, really worth it.

John said...

Actually, we got really lucky. If Elaina had been too afraid of the loud music and fireworks and the dark and the villians, or if she'd been too cranky due to its being late, or anything else, it would have been a big waste of money and effort and time. Fortunately, she's pretty good at rising to the occasion, and I could not have asked for a better little girl last night. Today however, the jury is still out...