Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not Tired of Her Yet / The Future of this Blog

When I started this blog, my intent was to use it to keep in touch with people during the trip to Seoul and the first couple weeks of self-imposed isolation after we returned. Several people have expressed an interest in seeing it continue. As it happens, I've found I'm not tired of Elaina yet. ;)

So, I think I'll continue the blog, but on a lower frequency. I think it's safe to say that you're not going to see a post or two every day like you did during December, but from time to time, I imagine that something's going to cause me to post here, at least for awhile longer.

One word of warning though: Now that we're back from Seoul, this is apt to be a pretty mundane blog. To date, I've seen no evidence of superpowers in Elaina—no shapeshifting ability or telepathy or uncanny signs in the sky when she goes outside. Animals are neither excessively frightened of her nor unusually affectionate towards. No one has come forward to tell me that she is the Child of the Prophesy or offered to train her in the ancient lore that will allow her to fulfill her Destiny.

So, I'm thinking that this blog is probably going to have a lot of mundane stuff in it, like what Elaina's doing, what we're doing and odd little things I think about. Read on, if you like, but if you get bored, don't say you weren't warned.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I hate to tell you this, but ("mundane or not"....which I'm leaning toward "not") I check Elaina's blog daily hoping for a post. I LOVE seeing her pictures and hearing of the little day-to-day happenings. Keep writing.....when you have time....it's a great keepsake for your daughter!(and I feel that I'm getting to know my niece...in a "cyber" way) :)

Jean said...

You know, you can always have your blog made into a book. We are looking into that right now. So keep the posts coming ~ it will make for a wonderful keepsake for Elaina.

Jean

John said...

That's funny--my mom was just talking about making it into a book.

nn said...

and don't forget--Hogwarts brings in students at age 11. Magic powers don't always manifest the first year. Give her time. She already has the power to win hearts.