For those who have subscribed to the blog via feed reader or email, I've changed it from "full post" to "summary", meaning you'll be sent a summary and can click the headline to go to the site for the full article.
Why did I do this? I don't think it's apparent to everyone that there's still an advantage to reading the posts on the site, as opposed to in their email. The chief advantage is that it just looks so much better. Email readers and feed readers do horrible things to the posts--the formatting around the images gets screwed up, the colors and other design elements get stripped.
It's borderline tragic to see the emails after having spent time making the blog look nice--and even worse seeing that stats that most people don't click through to the site. I like email as a notification mechanism, but I hate it as a publication mechanism.
Okay, all that said, if there's an outcry of the form, "Just give us the full posts in email and stop crying about your precious formatting," I'll relent and set it up to distribute the full posts again.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscription Changes
Labels:
site status
1 comment:
i actually like the precious formatting ;)
Post a Comment