Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Amid Blue Flowers

Sometimes, life is baffling. One minute, you're playing in the yard, minding your own business—okay, okay, not minding your own business per se; maybe poking into the business of every other living thing within sight from your increasingly lofty vantage point (probably around 2 feet, 4 inches these days)—but still kind of minding your own business, in relative terms, when Daddy comes along and plunks you down in the middle of the flower bed!



Now, I've seen this flower bed before, and this same Daddy of mine has kept me out of it, so you can imagine my surprise when he unceremoniously dumped me right in the middle of it. I'll admit that, as the first photo suggests, I was intrigued at first, having never found myself in the middle of a flowerbed before. I looked at the flowers a bit, and then looked up, considering my response.


Ultimately, I had to just look at Daddy, and think, "Really? This is your plan? Your going to just throw me in the flowerbed and take pictures? Does Mom know you're doing this?"


3 comments:

Scot Drew said...

Dear John,
Perhaps you should ask your wife to proofread your blogs posts wherein you name the color of items.
Thank you very much,
The Color Pink

John said...

Dear Color Pink,

You assume that the title is a mistake. But have you considered that it might be meant as a slight leveled squarely at you, Pink? A Grand Chromatic Joke at your expense? Or maybe it was clever, clever metaphor, something really deep and profound, that you, shallow semi-color, Pink, just don't "get".
-- John

John said...

Sorry, Pink. Blue figured out my password and has been posting as me again.

I have to go check my other accounts. The last time Blue got hold of my passwords, it started the Blue Things Flickr group and setup the website, RedIsDead.com.

I think I'm going to have to ask Blue to just get his own place....