No picture for this one. This post is just so I don't forget about this. Elaina teased her daddy for the first time today. She had gotten her hands on this plastic tube that Heidi's earplugs are in. (These are part of her rather elaborate charade to convince me and others that I snore.) I asked Elaina if I could please have it—and there was no particular reason why she couldn't have it, it just wasn't hers and my default position is to keep what's hers and what's Heidi's separate.
However....
She giggled and ran past me. At first I thought maybe it was a coincidence, so I asked again. This time, she ran towards me, then stopped short, giggled, and ran away. So, now I'm sure that she's just teasing me, and I'm cracking up because she's never done this before and I'm wondering where she learned this.
She was laughing—that great toothy giggle that you've seen in many of the pictures here—and I was laughing, and she got even more overt about it, running towards me, holding the tube out to me, and then pulling it back and running away laughing.
Now, those of you who have seen her recently can imagine this. She's not quite 19 pounds, maybe 26 or 28 inches high (3rd percentile), just a little peanut of a thing. People always are surprised to see her run, because she's so small they think she's younger, but she's 15 months and she runs really well in a little girl kind of way. So, there we are—me sitting cross-legged on an air mattress asking her to give me her mommy's earplugs, and Elaina running from end to end of the bedroom, keeping herself and the earplugs just out of reach, both of us laughing and giggling the whole time.
Maybe I'm asking for trouble, but she's a pretty good little girl when she needs to be, and I was just asking, after all. I wasn't insisting that she give up the earplugs, and we were having so much fun together. That's probably worth a little of the teenage rebellion it just bought me, right?
1 comment:
She is just training you. This leads to her acquisition of favor after favor and cool xxxx (fill in the blank with outfit, shoes, books, candy, 4x4 monster truck, whatever). Even knowing that you are being trained, it is worth the fun with those wonderful giggles and cute looks. Capture the sounds as well as the photos. Make the giggles your phone ring tone. Enjoy the moments!
Post a Comment