Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Wisdom of Chilled Fruit

It's amazing to watch a little person experience things for the first time and to see their personality come out in how they react. Contrary to what you might think when viewing these pictures, Elaina's had oranges and watermelon before. She likes them both—but nobody likes oranges and watermelon this much.


No, I don't think it's about the fruit, or even about its being chilled and feeling good on her new teeth. I think this is one of those "The Journey is the Reward" sorts of things. See, while she's had these fruits before, they've always been cut-up for her. She's never eaten them right off the rind/peel like before (like a big person?).

As you'll see from these pictures, they're so much better that way! She has a zest for life that is incredible to watch. I'm not even going to try to caption these.










3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love it! :) Reminds me of our little guy and his love of all things edible too. Isn't it incredible to watch them discover everything? Love following along - I'm trying to carve out space to respond to your email, John, I'll send my thoughts soon!

Marni said...

So.. um.. who do I talk to about getting more frequent updates? Surely there's some new, shiny discovery that should be updated on. I'm just sayin'.

John said...

Yeah...I guess it's been awhile. Elaina went to visit relatives in Ohio, and her Daddy got lazy. Updates just around the corner.