Monday, December 21, 2009

Sometimes You Have to Tell Me Twice


Last time, I told you about Elaina's making me say "please" to get her to come back to the living room. Well, apparently, I didn't learn that lesson well enough.


Tonight, at bedtime, I said, "Okay, grab Duck and let's go."

Elaina picks up the blood pressure cuff from her doctor's kit and holds it out to me.

"That's not Duck, silly. Grab Duck and let's go."

Elaina picks up the reflex hammer from her doctor's kit and holds it out to me.

"No.... That's not Duck either. I know you know who Duck is. Come on, sweetie, get your Duck and let's go."

Elaina picks up the syringe from her doctor's kit and holds it out to me.

"You're teasing Daddy, aren't you? Hmmm.... Elaina, please grab Duck and let's go."

Elaina picks up Duck and walks over to me.

What can I say? She's right—I should say please. I just didn't expect that she'd be taking me to task for things like that at 20 months old. Can't wait until she's a teenager.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Just caught up on the last month or so :) Great to read about Elaina's latest adventures - and congratulations on celebrating your first anniversary as a family of 3! Have a great holiday!
p.s. Chase still has temps today so I'm glad, in the end, that we postponed getting together with the kids. Let's look for a date in January :)