Friday, April 16, 2010

Rocker

Rocker2

Elaina loves my bass.  She had to hear the word “bass” exactly once before she had it down and was always asking, “bass? bass?” any time we were in the office.

I can play a tiny, tiny bit of an Iron Maiden song, and she smiles at that because it's fast and loud. She gets to play the bass occasionally.  It makes a very satisfying sound when you hit the strings, and there are these wonderful knobs on it that change the sound….  It’s especially great if it’s turned up loud.

 

Rocker1Sometimes Duck plays, but he really needs a pick—his feet are too soft.  He tries hard though; you have to give him that.

LongingToBeOutside Between sets, it’s sometimes nice to just look outside and take stock of things.  Helps to clear the mind and let the creativity flow. 

Duck and Elaina collaborate on this as in most other things.

If you’re going to be a rocker, you have to look cool outside of the studio as well.  And you have to spend quality time bonding with your bandmates.  Here’s Elaina on the way to dinner with the band’s frontman, Duck.

CoolChick1 CoolChick2

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sometimes you just never know your siblings!!!!.....I NEVER knew that you were interested in a musical instrument let along owning such a cool-looking bass! What else is there about you that I don't know???? :)

John said...

Well, I'm just learning the bass. I almost didn't buying the stand for it, but it was the best thing I could have done. This way, the bass sits there near my computer, looking cool and inviting, and I'm more apt to practice than if it were in a bag upstairs or something.