We recently attended a birthday party for some friends' kids. The little girl whose birthday it was had these fairy wings….
The wings were getting in her way, and she soon jettisoned them.
Now, I wouldn’t normally ask to borrow a fairy’s wings...but she was done with them for the moment, and I could see Elaina looking at them longingly, like they were the most wonderful thing ever.
Elaina didn’t ask for them, didn’t grab for them. Just looked. But while she didn’t move or speak at all, I could feel her yearning for those wings with every fiber of her little being. So, I politely and a little sheepishly asked this little girl if Elaina could wear her wings for a bit. She was nice enough to share her wings, and I asked Elaina if she wanted to wear the wings. I got an enthusiastic “hokay”, punctuated by a little jump.
She must have worn the wings for the next hour. (Thanks Delaney. You really made Elaina’s day.)
You can learn a thing or two by observing fairies. Turns out, fairies flap their arms to fly, even though they have wings. I never knew that.
1 comment:
I LOVE it!!!!....very cute and well written. I feel like I was there watching Elaina. (I love how the "tired" fairy's wings are upside-down!) Truly a VERY tired fairy!!! :)
Post a Comment