Friday, November 11, 2011

Tizzatoni

pizzaA couple weeks ago, Elaina and I were in the mall, having lunch. 

She was chatting up a storm, talking to the waitress and the hostess, and being enthusiastic and emphatic about everything.  (It’s so much fun hanging out with her.) 

So, we’re talking about what to have for lunch, and she’s (surprise) having the macaroni and cheese.  I said I was going to have salmon. 

“I don’t like salmon!” she said.  (She doesn’t really know, having never actually tried salmon, but she feels it’s important to have a position on things.)

Of course, I’d like her to try the salmon—or you know, anything but macaroni and cheese—but I’ve had better luck not directly attacking her position, once she’s chosen it.  So, I replied with a casual shrug, “Eh…to each his own.”

“Tizzatoni?  I want tizzatoni too!” she said.

They didn’t have tizzatoni, as it turns out, but she did try my salmon.

No comments: