Elaina woke up to her first Easter basket this Easter. Here, you see her, all girly in her pink pajamas, carefully assessing the things in her basket.
This wasn't to last, however. It turns out that the basket was more interesting than its contents....
What can you do with an Easter basket after you dump it out? Plenty! You can use the basket as a drum, share your loot with friends...


...you can use the basket as a hat for Grandma, or for the "Feats of Strength" portion of the holiday. Nothing works out the shoulders like a few shrugs with a big yellow chick.

From there, Elaina moved on to carrying the basket around on her back. It wasn't until later that it dawned on me that she was imitating the classic Led Zeppelin IV album cover. It was her babbling that clued me in—I've never really understood the words to the song "Black Dog", and to be completely honest, I'm not sure that she got all of them right, but her Robert Plant imitation was spot on!
Once I realized what she was doing, I rushed to the den to Google Led Zeppelin and get another look at that album cover. I have to say, the resemblance is uncanny. She's a clever little girl...I had to wonder...was her imitation was meant to be an homage or ironic?
With Dad finally in on the joke, Elaina could have a good laugh and go back to just running around with the basket. Frilly Easter dresses are nice, but it's hard to beat carrying around big fuzzy Easter basket half your own size!
No comments:
Post a Comment