The cavalry is here! These guys arrived last week to reinforce Mmm-Duck. Mmm-Duck's stunt double arrived as well. He's a little bigger, his quack is a little perkier, his feathers a lot less ruffled. He's ready for action.
And he's not fooling anybody.
Mmm-Duck's stunt double get tossed aside unceremoniously and with a certain amount of disdain. He's a persistent duck, though, and slowly, he's gaining Elaina's acceptance. He's no Mmm-Duck, but she's coming to think he's not all bad.
“His foot is almost as grabbable.... He smells different...but not bad...still kind of comforting. He was a little too cocky from the outset, but he's been cut down to size. There might be hope for him yet--as long as he remembers his place.”
The backup quacklins have faired better. They're nearly identical to the original. Oh, she still knows—I've seen her pick one up, sniff his little feathered head, and toss him aside, searching for the One True Quacklin. But it's hard to give the cold shoulder to someone who looks like one of your dearest friends.
1 comment:
Has anyone seen a yellow duck around here lately? I seem to have misplaced mine.
BTW, bite your tongue for having spoken the words: "not my daughter" AND "outside voice" in one sentence! Just think of what may be on the horizon. I'm telling you...these kids are teaching each other all kinds of tricks while we are asleep.
I'm glad to see all is well with your blossoming Elaina.
Jean
Post a Comment