As some of you know, Elaina's best friend is Mmm-Duck. I have no small love for Mmm-Duck myself, as he's regularly brought peace to bedtime. There are Mmm-Duck sightings to be had all over this blog. Mmm-Duck is getting pretty loved-looking at this point, though, and he needs a stunt double before he's too worn to be imitated.
Ah, and just to make it challenging, Mmm-Duck was actually purchased five or six years ago, so he's not an easy find. Thankfully, Google is a great for duck hunting. After some searching, I found and purchased the last Mmm-Duck look-alike from one of the Amazon associate stores. We'll audition him with Elaina soon. He's the same duck, but new....
That's the only identical duck I've found. But this other guy is close. And he was cheap. He's probably not going to fool anybody, but he's pretty nice in his own right, and if doesn't strike the fancy of The Lady, he can always go to someone else...he and his brethren. Yeah...brethren. After an evening of duck hunting, and getting the last duck in stock, some sort of survivalist/hording instinct kicked in. I have a couple of these alMmmost-Mmm-ducks and a small army of Quacklins.
"What are Quacklins," you ask? A lesser-known, but almost equally-loved companion of Elaina is "Quacklin". He's a little duck, very like Mmm-Duck, but about a fifth the size. (Oddly, Mmm-Duck and Quacklin sound exactly the same, despite the size difference and the fact that Mmm-Duck is made by Carter, while Quacklin is made by Gund.)Actually, I only bought four Quacklins, but you don't often have the opportunity to use the phrase "small army of Quacklins". Not only is it fun to say, it's a great mental image—a unruly horde of Quacklins (I can't really imagine Quacklins lining up in orderly ranks. They're more apt to be a constantly-shifting mass of yellow and orange, bouncing around like feathered popcorn.)
I figure with another Mmm-Duck and four more Quacklins in the rotation, we've got a couple years before any one of them needs to be retired.
And this doesn't always strike me as crazy.
3 comments:
your wife says... "you are one dedicated ducky Dad!"
enjoy your bachelor day ;)
Love reading your posts John :) I loved the last one too about her exploring the house - such a great visual of her racing around, set to get to everything before her good fortune came to an end. I can't believe she's climbing stairs already!! It's happening so fast!
I would have to agree with our fellow classmates. You do show quite a talent for story telling. I am happy to see that all is well with you. It seems obvious that you actually paid attention in English class. Unlike myself that expected English to be easy, especially seeing how it was the language we all spoke. Okay most of everyone else spoke. I would however like to make a plea for some of your talent. If you have a moment would you call me. 937-684-0353 Thanks John and I am happy for you and Heidi...And as Caren said you are one dedicated ducky dad.
Post a Comment