Thursday, September 24, 2009

Apples III: Eye on the Prize


A touching father-daughter moment: picking apples together. A dad showing his little girl the finer points of picking apples—there's a good one, twist don't pull, ....

But there's a difference in intensity brewing. One of us is more determined to get just the right apple than the other one. Guesses as to who's who in this story?



“True, there are a lot of pretty ones here.”

“But there are better ones up there.

“Higher.

“I can too reach. Just boost me a little higher.


“That's better.

“See, Dad, I've just about got it!”

“Sweetie, I don't think you're going to get any higher....”

“You're not being much of a team player on this one, Dad.

“Wait—I have an idea.

“One...Two....”

“Why are you counting, sweetie?”

“THREE!”

TWAPP!

“Urghf!”


WHEEEE!

Excellent boost, Daddy! I told you we could get it!”

No comments: