Here’s Princess Elaina in her Sleeping Beauty dress at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Every Disney princess undergoes the transformation from beautiful commoner or princess-in-hiding to princess. This is Elaina in that early part of the movie, though she already has the dress. Her fairy godmothers are just about to begin her transformation.
The trip to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was a surprise for Elaina, and she loved it. Now, let me explain that all this princess stuff isn’t projected onto her by her parents. I can imagine parents wanting to see their daughters as princesses, but that’s not what’s going on here. Elaina is so, so into princesses, especially Sleeping Beauty. I’m not sure why—she’s a lovely contradiction, always running around outside, digging in sand, tromping through flower beds, splashing in puddles, looking at earthworms…but she’s really girly sometimes too. She practically refuses to wear anything that’s not pink, and she loves anything having to do with Sleeping Beauty. And glitter. Loves the glitter. Okay, there. Don’t blame us for what follows.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is an experience for little girls at Disney World, where they’re made up as princesses. All the staff members are dressed as noble servants, and the place could hardly get any more princessy.
Elaina’s was going to go blonde, because Sleeping Beauty is blonde. But then she saw the pink hair!
While doing her hair and makeup, they wouldn’t let her look in the mirror. She kept trying to sneak a peek, and the ladies working on her would laugh and step between Elaina and the mirror. When she finally saw herself, she was stunned (in a good way). She was so pleased that she wanted to go sit for professional pictures, and Elaina never wants to sit for pictures. Every time she passed a mirror, she had to stop and look at herself. It was so cute.
Personally, I prefer Elaina the little girl to Princess Elaina, but it was fun seeing her become a princess, and even more fun watching her reaction.
For all the behind-the-scenes action, checkout the photo gallery of Princess Elaina’s transformation!
4 comments:
How fun! I still think back on the conversation Heidi and I had probably 2 years ago now when, on a rainy day, Heidi told me she & Elaina were playing dress up with her old purses and scarves. And now I think, yikes, I don't even have old purses and scarves! What am I going to do if my daughter is into princesses? :) I'll need your expert advice!
This is just too cute!!! Thanks for passing on the "princessing" process stage by stage.
Just added a couple comments to the gallery.
@Vicki - Heidi's the expert. Or maybe Elaina will be able to help!
Post a Comment