Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween (Revisited)

BooToYouThe original post about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween has all the details.  This one adds the pictures.

This was really worth the trip back out to the Magic Kingdom.  I’ll admit, I was skeptical—we’d be getting there right around Elaina’s bedtime, we’d already had a very full day…. 

It was definitely worth doing.  Though, of course, it could have gone very wrong if Elaina hadn’t been just in awe of everything.  The parade was really very cool—and Elaina loves a parade.  

Elaina and MaleficentPrincess Elaina was determined to meet “Melissamint” all by herself.

The villains mingle with the crowd immediately after their show.  We were in-the-know because we’d just missed meeting Maleficent after her previous appearance.  I asked where the line was for her next meet-and-greet, and we just plunked ourselves down in line. We were third in line.

We had to wait until after the next villains’ show…which was going to be after the fireworks…which weren’t going to start for 25 minutes.  You’d think that the wait would be a disaster for a three year old, but Elaina was really good. It takes a determined little princess to wait that long. She even chose doing this over more time for trick-or-treating around the Magic Kingdom.  (That was actually pretty neat too—there were several places you could go trick or treating around Magic Kingdom during this evening.)   So, we waited for the fireworks to start, watched the fireworks from practically the steps of Cinderella’s castle, watched the villains’ show, and finally, Maleficent strode down the from the castle to meet us.  This was definitely a high point of the night for Elaina.  Maleficent was perfectly icy to the young princess.

Now that we’re back, I’ve had an opportunity to interview the young princess about confronting her nemesis.

Elaina discusses her meeting with “Malissamint”.

As you might expect, the fireworks show at the end of “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween” was fantastic.  For the photographers out there:  I was amazed at how well the video turned out.  I could have never gotten these shots with my still camera, but the video camera did really well.  I pulled these stills off the video.

Just to end this post with a bang, here’s the finale of the fireworks show at Cinderella’s castle. This is from our spot in line for Maleficent, so the view isn’t great, but we’re very close to the action. I was afraid it might scare Elaina, but she was enthralled by the whole thing.

The finale of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween

No comments: