This is my favorite game with Elaina, in part because I suspect it’s going to be unique to this age. I’ve mentioned that she’s wild about all things princess…. Well, this was true even before our trip to Disney World, and Sleeping Beauty has long been her favorite.
That led to a game where she’s Sleeping Beauty and I’m the Prince. My mission: wake her up by giving her a kiss. It’s a simple game, but it’s nice to be a prince. Someday, I won’t be “Prince Daddy” and I’m not going to hear, “Daddy, Daddy, I’m Sleeping Beauty. I’m under a spell! You have to come kiss me, Prince.” So, I play this one pretty willingly.
She’s a stickler for staying in character, though.
“I’m Sleeping Beauty.”
“Okay”
“I’m Sleeping Beauty.”
“Okay, Sleeping Beauty”
…
“Here you go, honey”
“I’m not ‘honey’, I’m Sleeping Beauty!”
No comments:
Post a Comment