According to her foster mom, Si-Yeon (Elaina) hates hats. Here, we see first hand her attitude towards hats. It starts with a glare at the foster dad as he approaches with the hat. She fakes acceptance of the hat with her right hand, while the left snatches it away as soon as it's on. Don't worry, grandmothers--the foster mom bundles her up by wrapping another blanket over top of the bundle she's riding in. Her battle with the hat has made her sleepy, and she yawns as she settles in. Meanwhile, Heidi asks if she's been around cats or other animals or is scared of them, and her foster mom says that Si-Yeon's not a afraid of anything.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Defiant, Fearless...and a Little Sleepy
Labels:
Elaina,
foster parents,
Seoul,
video
3 comments:
Ah , what a love!!! a day that will never be forgotten...it must be such a comfort to see how well she has been cared for, such lovely foster parents! So glad you got the video camera! and P.S. no worries , we will have Carlee teach Elaina Si-Yeon all about the joy of hats ;)
oh my gosh - I've just read over your adventures and I'm so excited for you all!! I'll check out the videos when I can but she's wonderful! We've been thinking about you and hoping you got off okay from Boston. I hope you all have a smooth trip home. - take care!
This is AWESOME!! :) I finally made a gmail account and decided to read through all of your blogs (instead of studying for my organic chem final..oops! haha) I am so excited for you guys...she's adorable. Another girl cousin :) (Unfortunately, we're still greatly outnumbered by the boys). Congrats and enjoy the rest of your trip...can't wait to see the lil lady! :)
Love, Jess
Post a Comment