Today marks the end of two weeks with Elaina as part of our family. We've mostly recovered from jetlag and mostly found a routine. One thing that's changed, though—and I don't want to accuse anyone prematurely—I've noticed that my clothes almost always have crusty or gooey or slimy spots since Elaina came home. The evidence is only circumstantial, but it's safe to say that Elaina is a “person of interest” in my investigation of this matter.
All in all, I'd summarize the state of the household as "Crusty, Gooey, Slimy, but Strong".
Bedtime has become easy—Elaina sleeps 11-7 most nights, and she's slept in her crib the last four nights. We weren't going to push the move to the crib, but she's such a squirmer and a climber that it's safer, and she really doesn't mind it. We're quick to get her out, if she wants out, but that's really not so much an issue—if she's ready for bed, you can just put her in the crib and she falls asleep. At bedtime, this has been really smooth. Naps are more of a frustration, because she fights to stay awake. We've had a few 3-hour efforts trying to get her to nap...by which time she's thrown off her schedule....
All in all, Elaina has been an easy little person to have around. She has the sweetest disposition and is very resilient. Just yesterday, she had to go to the doctor for a blood test. She screamed the entire time they were drawing blood, but afterward, she calmed right down. She still hates the car seat, but falls asleep in it once we're moving. Other than fighting naps (which she only really needs to be at her absolute cutest—she's still really nice without her nap), she's completely easy. I don't know how we could have gotten any luckier.
Next week, I'll go back to work, and Heidi will be on her own with Elaina. She's such a good little girl, though, and Heidi's so resourceful, I'm sure it will be fine—other than her missing her dad horribly. ;)
5 comments:
So glad everyone is home, safe and sound. Happy New Year to everyone!! Please let us know when you are up for visitors. We can't wait to meet her! :)
Don't you mean "other than HER DAD missing HER horribly?" :) ....one minor plus: the goo factor ratio is directly related to proximity...to the source of the goo, crust & slime. So....you'll probably find yourself missing being slimed :) Glad to hear everything is going so well. What a cutie.
Yeah, that could actually mean that her dad will miss her horribly. For a slimy, crusty creature, she's kind of nice.
Just wait until she's old enough to go bannanas every time you come home. Its just the most awesome feeling. My favorite part of the day is coming home from work.
Its funny about the goo and slime... you get used to it. I routinely have to walk around in public with snot all over my shirt. I guess I should travel with a spare, but its just something you get used to. I'm so glad to hear everything's going well!
I actually got to experience a little of that "welcome home" tonight. It was my first day back at work, and when I got home tonight, she came crawling across the living room with a big smile on her face. It was pretty cool.
Post a Comment