“Daddy, there’s ghost-ez in my room. They’re too spooky.”
“Honey, there are no ghosts in your room,” I assured her. Besides, you like ghosts. Remember the ghost we saw at Home Depot? You said he was nice.”
“…Muno’s in my room. Muno scared me.”
“Muno’s not in your room, Sweetie, and Muno wouldn’t scare you—he’s nice.”
“He’s bumpy,” Elaina replied.
“Well, you got me there, he is bumpy.”
“And red,” she added.
“Yes, he’s red too, but he’s not scary.”
“He’s in there,” Elaina insisted, pointing to he wardrobe or closet.
“Muno’s not in there, Honey--just clothes. And besides, Muno’s nice. Better still, Muno’s not in your room.”
“Where is he--Muno?” (She sometimes talks like Yoda. I think it makes her sound very wise.)
“Muno’s on the TV, Sweetie—er, I mean, Muno’s on a TV show.”
…
“Foofa’s in my room. Foofa scared me.”
“Now, why would Foofa scare you? Foofa’s nice.”
This continued on for some time, with Brobee, Toodee, and DJ Lance all making appearances.
The ghost is courtesy of a recent trip to Home Depot, where we saw an large inflatable ghost, who Elaina really did claim to like. She did not look so favorably on Frankenstein’s Monster, though for my money, the ghost is the creepier of the two.
Muno—the red pickle/cyclops guy posing with the ghost in the picture above, and the rest are characters on a kids show called Yo Gabba Gabba. It’s critically-acclaimed, but I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, despite the undeniable wisdom of lessons like “Don’t Bite Your Friends”.
No comments:
Post a Comment