Tomorrow is Heidi’s birthday, and Elaina was all excited to help make Mommy’s birthday cake.
It’s a yellow cake with peaches and whipped cream—a family tradition that I make for Heidi each year.
Elaina was my taster and helped me get the whipped cream just right. Here, she’s helping me spread the whipped cream on the cake. She actually did a pretty nice job, though you might notice that she “somehow” got a little whipped cream on her mouth.
She helped me put on the peaches too. Here, she’s flying solo on peach duty while I drain the cherries. (She insisted that there be three cherries.)
Obviously, she had to continue taste-testing the whipped cream, to make sure that it was still suitable for Mommy’s cake.
She looks a little like she’s been caught in the act. She’s just never had her hands in cake so much before, I guess. Taste-testing is a job that demands a lot of dedication. Elaina’s up to the challenge.
1 comment:
YUM!!!! Wish we lived close enough for you to invite us over for cake!!! :)
Post a Comment