Saturday, October 16, 2010

Heard Around Our House–Volume 1, Issue 1

There’s an awful lot of things I hear Elaina say, that I don’t want to forget, but which don’t merit their own post.  I’m going to start keeping track…

“Mommy’s a good friend.”

“Don’t help me, Daddy.”

“How are you doing, guys?”  (said to Heidi and I)

“Too spooky.  Ghosts outside.  They come in here.”  (A little creepy, that one.  I don’t know why they’re outside and coming in, but that’s a creepy image.)

“Don’t go to work, Daddy.”  “Don’t go to your lesson, Daddy.”

“I don’t need pants.”

“I love you, Daddy.”  “I love you, Mommy.”

“Sorry--I didn’t mean to.”

“Play puzzles?”  “Play glue?”  “Play stickers?”  “Play c[r]ayons?”  “Play outside?”

“Hung[r]y”

“Goodbye, you.” (swinging the door shut…and yes, she’s told not to)

“I give you hugs, I give you kiss.”

“Cheers!..Dink!”  (hitting her cup against your class)

“We all have drinks.”  “We all have sweatshirts.”  “We all have [whatever we all have].”

“I have a big problem.” (I’ve never discovered what it is.)

“Play cactus?!”

Mommy put me to bed?”  (Daddy just isn’t good enough for all scenarios.)

“Mommy check on me?  You ask her, Daddy?”

“You’re so siddy.”  (by which she means "silly”.)

“There you go, sir.”  (when she brings me something.  I’ve never had her call me “sir”.  This is very similar to this year’s summer vacation when Elaina kept saying, “Goodbye, sir" to her Aunt MJ.)

“sug-n-a-bug-n-a-rug” (snug as a bug in a rug)

“When I’m older, when I’m a big girl.”  (whenever you say ‘no’ with a certain tone)

“Hey, what’s going on here?”

“Have fun”  (said to Heidi in that sing-song voice you use when telling someone else to have fun)

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love it! So sweet - it's amazing what they come up with isn't it? Love reading your posts John, and keeping up on Elaina's ever-changing world!